Most of the people think that elliptical doesn’t give them a consummate workout. They believe that it’s not effective and just waste of time (experiment says that ). But even though, Elliptical provides you a low-impact total body workout. If you properly use then it also useful and friendly for your joints and back, unlike treadmill. If you want to burn an amount of calories then it’s totally depending on the elliptical workout like platform, handles, spread, resistance levels etc.
Depend on those you can easily burn 300-400 calories by the help of any elliptical. Sometimes people may think that elliptically is just boring and repetitive. But I think even though elliptical is a powerhouse of cardiovascular workout and also useful for your arms, muscles, hips, and back. According to our fitness experts, nowadays benefits of using elliptical machines are more effective with its 20 minutes workout. Here we discuss most effective elliptical workout
Proper use of elliptical trainer:
Does the elliptical help you to lose weight? If you want to lose fat or burn calories then at first you have to know the proper using form of an elliptical trainer. There are many different types of the elliptical trainer. That may have footpads where you stand and stationary handlebars to hold. The cross trainer is very effective for your upper and lower body workout. It has footpads and handlebars like an elliptical trainer that produce in the same pattern. The elliptical gliders are also similar to the elliptical trainer. Just it’s handlebars that you can move up and down position. During the workout, you are use shoes. In the cross trainer or running trainer, you have to use shoes for a better, flexible and comfortable workout. shoes are very useful for the running elliptical. It may stable to keep your feet on the pedals safely. For a better low-impact full body workout you have to follow the manual instructions. Before starting any new skills of weight loss workout at the very first you have to consult a doctor. After that, you have to choose any gym equipment.
Elliptical trainer vs others cardio machine:
If you do the same exercise daily then you will feel the bore and the body also got used to it. By doing this you can only burn lower calories. So that, you must have to change a little bit of your regular cardio workout. For the variation in your routine, you will burn more calories and get a better fitness. At primary stage If you are in Elliptical mode then also you have to look upon others cardio machine. After that, you find the benefits of an Elliptical trainer. Here are some advantage or disadvantage of others cardio machine.
Treadmill: Treadmill offers you the lower body workout. Though an Elliptical is consummate for the beginners because it supports your full body weight. Depend on your incline and speed treadmill burn calories. The treadmill is favorable to advanced runners. If it’s not to support weight then you will get a high impact workout. However, it provides you lower-body workout but the Elliptical offers you upper body workout. Though who want a full body workout then elliptical is the best option for those.
Outdoor cycling and running: Outdoor cycling and running made you feel the natural and real world feelings. Both are offering you lower body workout. During cycling, you have to face difficulties and challenges. outdoor running is good for building up your muscle that you don’t get in the gym. It is also stressful for your hips, knees, and ankles. So, if you are beginner also have joint problems and want a full body workout then you have to go with elliptical.
Stationary bike: As a low-impact workout machine, the Stationary bike provides you exquisite workout. It allows you to sit during the workout helps you to maintain your balance and it’s also very much effective against your joints and back pain. but after adjust resistance, you can’t use incline or handlebar during a workout as you use in elliptical.
Stair stepper: Stair stepper is provided one of the best cardio for lower body workout. It provides a great workout, especially for your glutes and quads. But even though elliptical trainer is the best from any other cardio machine.
- ProForm Hybrid Trainer Pro Elliptical machine
- • 20 digital resistance
- • Accommodate weight 300 lbs
- • 16 unique workout apps
- • Oversized LCD display
- • EKG heart rate monitor
- • Adjustable, deluxe cushioned pedals
- ProForm Hybrid Elliptical Trainer
- • 16 digital resistance levels
- • 14 built-in workout program apps
- • 350 lb. Weight capacity
- • 5-Year frame Warranty
- • Soft grips upper-body workout arms
- • Large LCD window
- Schwinn 430 Elliptical Machine
- • Dual track two LCD window system
- • 22 programs, 2 user settings
- • 20 levels of resistance
- • Maximum user weight: 300 lbs
- • Charging USB port and data exchange
- • 3-speed fan and transport wheels
- Exerpeutic 5000 Magnetic Elliptical Trainer
- • 12 workout programs
- • 6.5″ x 10″ LCD display.
- • 24 level Magnetic Tension system
- • User weight capacity of 270 lbs.
- • Built-in Bluetooth technology
- • 18-inch smooth elliptical stride length
Benefits of elliptical trainer:
There are many elliptical trainers in the market. Elliptical provides you a comfortable and challenging workout like a treadmill. Nowadays, like others, gym equipment elliptical also came along lots of features of exquisite benefits. For a better workout to purchase any elliptical machine at first you have to look at the benefits of using an elliptical machine. If you satisfied then you have to buy that. There are many reasons to buy an elliptical. Here are some of the reason
- Bones bear your whole body weight. When you pedal on an elliptical that helps to reduce mineral loss in your bones.
- Adjustable incline and resistance so that you can easily change your speed, unlike treadmill during a workout. That helps to increase a challenging workout.
- Elliptical allows you to low-impact workout. It helps you to achieve an ambitious impact workout like a treadmill.
- Most of the elliptical are assembled with handlebars. Which is movable? It is very much effective against your muscle. It provides you upper and lowers body workout concurrently.
- Many people work harder to burn their calories. Using elliptical you don’t need to effort more to burn your fat or calories. Because it burnt the same amount of calories in less effort. Just you have to follow a diet chart with a challenging workout. After a week you can see and feel the results.
- Regular cardio workout helps to reduce stress and decrease the risk of obesity-related diseases. It also boosts your energy and improves your mood also.
- If you always stick with the foot pedals during the workout then now you don’t have to worry. using elliptical you don’t need to repeat footfall while you exercise. So that, you can get a comfortable, smooth and challenging workout.
20-minutes Elliptical HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) workout:
Do you really think that elliptical routine for weight loss is the right way? If you have any doubt then at first you have to make it clear. High-intensity interval training is the best way to get an effective and challenging workout.
You have to concentrate on your moderate speed. It runs casually not sprint or walk. You have to be cautious about your moderate resistance. Here it is given 80-90 percent for high resistance, 70-60 for percent maximum pandit and 40 -50 percent for lower intensity.
Here are the diagram of 20 minutes HIIT:
During every third hard interval, you are free to pedal backward. You can go backward during 5-15 minutes. Repeat intervals until you reach 18 minutes of total exercise time, then cool down for three to five minutes of easy effort. For a challenging workout, you can add 1-30 second HIIT low-intensity cardio workout. After a try, you can see an effect of it.